Membership Chair Responsiblities:
1. Work to maintain and increase Chapter membership with the help of a committee
that focuses its efforts on supporting Chapter growth and development.
2. Promote membership by asking families and individuals to support CISV local
activities and events and pay annual membership dues.
3. Chapter membership is defined in a variety of ways:
• Members complete an annual membership form
• Members pay annual dues
• Members support the Chapter with fundraising efforts
• Members volunteer with the Chapter in some manner
4. Conduct an annual membership renewal drive with families of all past program
participants, board members, and others. Work with the Junior Branch to facilitate
the membership drive.
5. Collect membership dues and membership forms from new families. Submit dues to
the treasurer and membership forms to the database coordinator.
6. Provide any updated membership information to the database coordinator.
7. Work with the database coordinator to create a Chapter directory.
8. Attend Chapter events throughout the year to encourage others to become members
or to stay active and renew their membership.
9. Attend local board meetings as needed and to keep apprised of Chapter events and activities
You can find many other helpful documents like this at CISV International’s Resources Page.