Parliamentarian/Past President Responsibilities:
1. The Parliamentarian is a past president (usually the immediate past president).
2. Encourage members to attend the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion held
each October in Cincinnati. Attend yourself if possible.
3. Attend as many Chapter board meetings and Chapter events as possible. Assist the
president with parliamentary procedures. Offer guidance as requested.
4. Review current bylaws to see if updating is needed. Work on this throughout the
5. Convene a nominating committee and act as chair of the committee. Present a slate
of officers for election per Chapter bylaws.
You can find many other helpful documents like this at CISV International’s Resources Page.